Press & Notices

Travelling to the Philippines

Travel Tax Exemption



The Philippine Consulate announced today ( 25 October 2001) the grant of travel tax exemption to certain categories of Filipinos living and working abroad, as follows:


1. Proof of permanent residence in a foreign country – Present Canadian landing document issued by the Canadian government evidencing the grant of permanent resident status to the Filipino citizens and submit a copy thereof;
2. Philippine passport – Submit photocopy of:
a. Identification pages and
b. Page showing latest arrival date in the Philippines

Note: The exemption shall not be granted if the passenger’s permanent resident status has lapsed or he/she has stayed in the Philippines for more than one (1) year, whichever comes first.

1. Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) – Certificate issued by the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration in Manila or OEC issued by the Labor Attache’s Office in Toronto.

In such a case, there is no need to secure exemption certificate from the Philippine Tourism Authority.

1. Legitimate spouse

  • Passport
  • Marriage contract
  • Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) form issued by the POEA or the Labor Attache’s Office in Toronto

2. Legitimate unmarried children below 21 years old

  • Passport
  • Birth certificate
  • Overseas Employment Certificate OEC Form issued by the POEA or the Labor Attache’s Office in Toronto

In such a case, originals of the documents are to be presented and copies submitted.

A P100.00 pesos processing fee is collected for every certificate issued in Manila. The processing fee for the OEC issued by the Labor Attache’s Office in Toronto is equivalent to the prevailing Canadian dollar value
of CAD$ 4.03.

A. For workers returning to the same employer

  • P100.00 – POEA processing fee
  • P900.00 – OWWA Medicine Premium

B. For workers who changed employers and/or undocumented workers

  • P100.00 – POEA processing fee
  • P1,100.00 – OWWA welfare fund contribution
  • P900.00 – OWWA Medicare Premium

To secure the travel tax exemption certificate in the Philippines, contact the Philippine Tourism Authority at: DOT Building Agrifina Circle, Rizal Park, Manila,
Tel no. 521-7141; 523-5697; 523-2903

Return to Travelling to the Philippines  |  Return to News Main