Issuance of Visa
Beginning 01 August 2013, the visa-free period for foreign nationals from 151 countries including Canada is extended from the previous 21 days to a month (30 days). A passport with a validity of at least 6 months, and a round-trip plane ticket or an outbound ticket to the next port of destination must be presented to the Immigration authorities upon arrival in the Philippines.
For a stay in the Philippines for more than 30 days, Canadians may apply for a 59-day tourist visa, valid for a single entry. Processing of the visa applications takes five (5) business days upon compliance with the following requirements.
- Duly accomplished visa application form. The applicant must personally appear before the Consulate General. Otherwise, if the visa application is done via mail, the application form should be duly notarized by a lawyer or a notary public. A self-addressed/ stamped mailing envelope, e.g. XPRESSPOST from Canada Post, must also be provided.
- Passport should be valid for at least six (6) months beyond the intended stay in the Philippines;
- Round-trip or onward air ticket for confirmed travel itinerary;
- Evidence of financial capacity for those traveling for pleasure, or a letter of guarantee from the firm sponsoring the trip for those traveling for business.
- One (1) passport-sized photograph (50mm X 40mm) colored or black and white with white plain background showing clear front view (full face) of the applicant.
- Payment of Visa Fee of CAD$34.50 for single entry valid for three (3) months, CAD$69.00 for multiple entry six (6) months or CAD$103.50 for multiple entry valid for one (1) year. Payable in cash, money order or certified check payable to the Philippine Consulate General. Personal check is not accepted.(** Please note that the periods stated above refer to the validity period of the visa and NOT the period of stay in the country. The authorized maximum period of stay in the Philippines - for holders of temporary visitor’s visa - is fifty-nine (59) days per entry into the country. If the applicant wishes to stay beyond 59 days, an application for extension of stay must be filed at the Bureau of Immigration in Manila, or the Immigration Office nearest to the place where the applicant is temporarily residing.);
- Other documents that may be required by the Consular Officer. For non-Canadian applicants, a photocopy of a permanent resident card or work permit must be submitted to serve as proof of immigration status in Canada;
- For unaccompanied alien minor below fifteen (15) years old, neither accompanied nor joining a parent in the Philippines, parents/guardians should file an application for Waiver of Exclusion Ground (WEG) for approval of the Head Supervisor, Bureau of Immigration at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA), subject to the following conditions: a) Submission of an affidavit of consent and support notarized by a Philippine foreign service post from either or both parents for the minor to travel unaccompanied to the Philippines; b) Submission of a photocopy of the data page of the minor's passport and travelling companion; c) Payment of Philippine Peso 3,120 Immigration fees immediately upon arrival at the Port of Entry.
Former Filipino citizens do not need a visa.
Please see balikbayan stamp.
Can tourists bring drugs/medicines during their sojourn to the Philippines?
The Bureau of Customs of the Philippines allows tourist to bring their own prescriptive drugs but only in quantities sufficient for the duration of their stay in the country. Visitors are likewise advised to bring a letter from their physician stating the condition for which they are receiving treatment and the dosage.
For those who are traveling onward to another country, they are advised that a separate quantity of drugs should be sealed and declared again before exiting the country.
For additional information on Immigration matters in the Philippines, please visit the Bureau of Immigration website at: http://www.immigration.gov.ph
NOTE - Payment of Fees
The Consulate accepts ONLY Cash, Bank Draft,
or Certified Cheques
Page Last Updated: October 22 2014 16:44:27
Download Related Forms
NOTE: Please Download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat in order to view the forms.